Clear all

Getting started with Arduino

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
AgentKnopf
(@agentknopf)
Topic starter  

I wanted to ask if there is some sort of guide to get started with Otto and Arduino? My main questions:

1. Which exact Board is being used? In Arduino I gotta select a board, I know it's ESP32 but in the Arduino IDE there are several variations of said board such as ESP32 Dev Board, Arduino Nano ESP32, ESP32-C3 Dev Board... which one should I pick? Or does it not matter?
  2. The reason i am asking 1 is because once I open a new project it's asking me to install files to the Board, so I would like to make sure I install compatible stuff :) 
  3. Can I brick my Otto somehow this way? Is there a way to reset it if needed? Firmware reset for example?

Thanks in Advance!

Topic Tags
Camilo
(@cparrapa)
Developer Admin

Hi @agentknopf

Arduino is already pretty advanced stuff for HP Otto and right now is kind of on your own because we don't have official libraries yet, like we have for micropython we have a GitHub repo for it that will be public once we launch the new expansions but I can add you meanwhile.

Note that when you upload a sketch with Arduino ide you basically flash a new firmware to it so you will overwrite micropython firmware, but you can get it back in our firmware uploader page.

ReplyQuote
AgentKnopf
(@agentknopf)
Topic starter  

Hi Camilo, thanks a lot for getting back to me on this. I would really appreciate github access - my github handle is https://github.com/AgentKnopf

Thanks a lot :) !

ReplyQuote
Scroll to Top
Thank you for your interest in our robot Otto.
Let us inform you that the Otto Starter Kit will be ready for purchase at the end of January 2024.

If you would like to pre-order Otto Starter kit, feel free to contact us at email address moravia@moravia-consulting.com.
This will be available with the release of this product.