Scratch AI Editor

4 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
AgentKnopf
(@agentknopf)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, 

from what I see there are three editors: Beginner, Python/Word blocks and the somewhat hidden "Scratch AI" which i accessed via the Settings icon in the Python/Word block editor, you can find it here: https://hprobots.com/otto-code/webcode/ottoaipage.html

It actually looks really cool and the preset options are much more varied but I have no idea how to get it to work :) 

While i can successfully connect Otto to this editor via USB: https://hprobots.com/otto-code/webcode/webcode.html When clicking the USB icon on the Scratch AI editor I get the following message: "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'send')" once i confirm the message another search-view pops up (see attached image) but never finds anything.

Further questions:

1. Is there some documentation for the Scratch AI editor?
  2. What is it's purpose? What is "AI" about it?
  3. How can I upload and execute code created with "Scratch AI"?
  4. What are the costumes and sprites about? I remember sprites from MBlock but it already was confusing to me there xD

Thank you very much :) 

Camilo reacted
Topic Tags
Ivan Artiles
(@ivanr3d)
Member Moderator Subscriber

Hello @agentknopf, because Scratch AI is still in beta, it has not so much visibility in the software ecosystem, that also explained why you could be experimenting some issues with it. I don't know how to resolve the current issue you have, but I think I can help with the other questions:

1. Is there some documentation for the Scratch AI editor?
    Officially no, but at the end it is the same than Scratch and mBlock (but powered with Otto!). I am sure there will be documentation about it once the beta stage is completed.
  2. What is it's purpose? What is "AI" about it?
    If you check the extensions (at the bottom of the block sections) you will notice that there are some AI extensions such as Face and Object detection and also Teachable Machine integration. That's what AI refer about. This software will focus in offering artificial intelligence tools.
  3. How can I upload and execute code created with "Scratch AI"?
    Let's wait a bit until someone of the development team for that software can check about the current issue, your report will definitely work for them to check it! 
  4. What are the costumes and sprites about?
    The original idea of Scratch is being able to animate stuff and "code" them using blocks. Sprites are objects that you can code and costumes are different views you can give to every object. It can definitely be a bit confusing, but think about sprites as digital objects that you will be able to code, for instance a button. And with the costumes you can change the look of those objects in different moments.

I hope it helped! :) 

ReplyQuote
AgentKnopf
(@agentknopf)
Topic starter  

Hi Ivan, thank you for taking the time to answer :) and thank you for elaborating on the sprites. I am a developer myself but that whole sprite thing had me scratch my head a little 🤣 - now its clearer - thank you :) . I am really looking forward to updates on the AI editor as it looks like it offers some cool out of the box stuff i would love to try. 

Thanks again :) ! 

ReplyQuote
AgentKnopf
(@agentknopf)
Topic starter  

P.s. There seems to be an issue with "liking" stuff - i tried to thumbs-up your post but when i have to pick between thumbs up and down my selection just does not register 🤔 

Camilo reacted
ReplyQuote
Scroll to Top
Thank you for your interest in our robot Otto.
Let us inform you that the Otto Starter Kit will be ready for purchase at the end of January 2024.

If you would like to pre-order Otto Starter kit, feel free to contact us at email address moravia@moravia-consulting.com.
This will be available with the release of this product.