Your question is maybe already answered in FAQ section

?

[Solved] connector size?

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sfranzyshen)
Topic starter  

if we were to design an add-on for the face plate ... what connector would I want to put on it to support the wires used? Is it a JST-PH connector?

Camilo Parra Palacio
(@cparrapa)
Member Admin

It depends on the add on, how many pins are we talking about and what type of communication?

ReplyQuote
(@sfranzyshen)
Topic starter  

one digital

one analog

and one i2c

ReplyQuote
(@sfranzyshen)
Topic starter  

you say it depends on "how many pins are we talking about and what type of communication" when it would be the same connector type regardless of the number of pins or use ... please tell me if they are JST-PH connectors or not ... thank you

ReplyQuote
Camilo Parra Palacio
(@cparrapa)
Member Admin

For the design aspect. It is all is relative to the component. If you have a 3 pin you have to connect into one of the connectors from 4 to 11, 4pin you will connect to 1, 2 or 3. The communication is important because some are better for analog others not and i2C is better in default SDL/SCA in connector 3 but you could change that with code is just more lines. Yes is JST compatible.

What new "add-on" are you thinking of?

ReplyQuote
(@sfranzyshen)
Topic starter  

Pixy2 🤔 

ReplyQuote
Camilo Parra Palacio
(@cparrapa)
Member Admin

It seems they have multiple ways of communication, but they have their own ICSP connector, how you will convert to 4 pins? And do they have micropython support?

ReplyQuote
(@sfranzyshen)
Topic starter  

Pixy2 can communicate over I2C a custom 10-pin ICSP to 4pin JST-?? cable can be made ... and while their python code is built-up to be used with the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 environment ... it wasn't difficult to port to standard micropython ... I actually used their arduino library (porting line by line to python) as the basis for my code ... and just referenced the python code to tie things together ... wish I knew exactly what JST-?? connector is used for the 4pin side ...

ReplyQuote
Camilo Parra Palacio
(@cparrapa)
Member Admin

I haven't seen that type of cable so not sure of the technical details but just checking online it seems people use DuPont cables, you can always cut and solder cables from your kit if you go in this direction.

Looking forward to seeing your code, if it works we could implement for blocks.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top
Thank you for your interest in our robot Otto.
Let us inform you that the Otto Starter Kit will be ready for purchase at the end of January 2024.

If you would like to pre-order Otto Starter kit, feel free to contact us at email address moravia@moravia-consulting.com.
This will be available with the release of this product.