Otto as smart light to read

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Ivan Artiles
(@ivanr3d)
Member Admin Subscriber
Topic starter  

Using robots as anything but not as a robot is something I frequently do.😅 It's like a "creative exercise" to figure out different ways to use the components of a robot for something "useful". In that sense, and considering Otto has a nice ultrasound sensor with lights, I found useful to use Otto as a reader assistant providing me a small light to read, so I don't need to illuminate the whole room while I only need a bit of light to read a book! 

I am attaching some gif demonstration. 

René Scholz
(@pritt)

Hello Ivan,

As a "Smart Read Light", I would say it's basically possible, but not very practical, I think it's too dark for reading and puts too much strain on the eyes. But as an intelligent "Smart Night Light" I can very well imagine it. At least within a radius of 50 - 100cm. If the ultrasonic sensor detects movement, the Smart Night Light switches on; if no movement is detected after a certain period of time, it switches off again.

ReplyQuote
Ivan Artiles
(@ivanr3d)
Member Admin Subscriber
Topic starter  

Hi René, very good! As a night light is a good option too. The main idea with this is start to find different approaches to use the Otto capabilities. As a night light it could even be better to use the ring lights! 

Thinking as a teacher, it could be a nice exercise for students to figure out these different approaches and when is better to use the lights of the ring vs ultrasonic sensor lights. 🙂 

I am attaching an image of a way that I used the ring lights for a little christmas decoration. 

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top
Thank you for your interest in our robot Otto.
Let us inform you that the Otto Starter Kit will be ready for purchase at the end of January 2024.

If you would like to pre-order Otto Starter kit, feel free to contact us at email address moravia@moravia-consulting.com.
This will be available with the release of this product.