Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Documentaton of ESP32 board - Pin Layout

11 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
(@wela72)
Topic starter  

I just bought my first hpRobots Otto. When checking the electronics with the "Starter Demo" program, I found the ultrasonic sensor was not responding. This sensor is connected to socket 1. To find out, if the port or the sensor is faulty, I would like to connect it to an other socket. But I did not find documentation on the ESP32 board and how the sockets make use of the io-ports. The sample programs import a 'machine' library and a 'pin-class'. Maybe it is defined in there.

Can someone please help me where to find the necessary documentation / libraries?

Camilo
(@cparrapa)
Developer Admin

Hi @wela72, welcome to the community.

Was the distance not responding, or the rgb lights? If you want to try in connector 2 you can swap put there and in edit text mode of webcode change the pin definition:

ultrasonic = NeoPixel(Pin(18), 6) # Connector 1
io = 19 # echo input and trigger out signal

to

ultrasonic = NeoPixel(Pin(16), 6)
io = 17 # echo input and trigger out signal

Also make sure that the libraries are updated, you can always access them with the "Files in Otto" option in setting or by using Thonny IDE, give it a try and let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@wela72)
Topic starter  

Hi @cparrapa

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, the distance is not responding. The lights in the eyes are OK (program "colorful lights in the eyes" works fine). If I use program "distance sensor" which measures the distance, the result is always fixed to 2cm.

With your help I tried connector 2, but with same negative result - distance is not responding. So the sensor must be faulty. I bought the set at MORAVIA Consulting. Hope they will replace the sensor.

Thank you for help with connector 2. But again, where can I find the ports of all connectors if I would like to use them? Updates of Otto software & libraries where successful - no change.

regards

ReplyQuote
Camilo
(@cparrapa)
Developer Admin

Hello @wela72

We at Moravia will replace that sensor for you, before sending the new sensor, everything else is running ok?

The full documentation on the circuit board we are putting it together into a new update for the coding guide, meanwhile I will email you a wiring diagram with all connectors and ports/pins.

ReplyQuote
(@wela72)
Topic starter  

Hi @cparrapa

Thank you for replacing the sensor. Yes, the rest of the electronics works fine. 

Camilo reacted
ReplyQuote
Camilo
(@cparrapa)
Developer Admin

Hi @wela72

Your replacement part has been sent, you had an email with the details

Happy building!

ReplyQuote
(@jerry66)

I also would like to get the pinouts for Otto. I am writing some application code in ESP32Forth and I really need all the pin connections. I have a lot of useful code that I can easily port to this micro-controller but it make my work a lot easier if I have all the inter-connections info. A schematic would be great!

ReplyQuote
Camilo
(@cparrapa)
Developer Admin

ESP32Forth? @jerry66 we can try to implement your useful code into blocks what are your trying to make?

@wela72 as confirmed in your email you received a functional ultrasonic sensor replacement, so this post is solved for you.

ReplyQuote
(@wela72)
Topic starter  

@cparrapa , Yes, I got a new ultrasonic sensor and it works fine now. My post is solved. Thank you for your support!

ReplyQuote
(@mgurel)

@cparrapa Hello, Can I get a wiring diagram with all connectors and ports/pins via email, if possible?

ReplyQuote
(@jerry66)

Hello, @cparrapa I would also love to get the port/pin lists for Otto. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Scroll to Top
Thank you for your interest in our robot Otto.
Let us inform you that the Otto Starter Kit will be ready for purchase at the end of January 2024.

If you would like to pre-order Otto Starter kit, feel free to contact us at email address moravia@moravia-consulting.com.
This will be available with the release of this product.