?

Left over results f...

[Solved] Left over results from previous programs

4 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@ictlabteacher)
Topic starter  

Hellow again. I just found out that after downloading a program there is not an automatic erase of previous program's results. For example if i download a program that turns of the LED lights of the ring and then download a new one that plays a song, the lights are staying on. Why is that happening and how to avoid that;

(@ictlabteacher)
Topic starter  

i meant turns ON the LED lights

ReplyQuote
Ivan Artiles
(@ivanr3d)
Member Admin Subscriber

Hi, it actually erase the previous program you downloaded, but it is not change the state of certain components. In the case of lights such as the top ring lights or ultrasonic lights, these components keep their state while they are powered on. So, if in your new program you don't explicit tell the robot to turn off the lights, it will not happen. The best way to "avoid" that is always starting a program turning off lights if you are using them during the execution of your code. 

In the Events section of webcode you can see a block that is actually three blocks joined to stop motors and turn off lights... these blocks are useful in the start of any program exactly to avoid that the new program start with a previous state. 

ReplyQuote
(@ictlabteacher)
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot.

ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top
Thank you for your interest in our robot Otto.
Let us inform you that the Otto Starter Kit will be ready for purchase at the end of January 2024.

If you would like to pre-order Otto Starter kit, feel free to contact us at email address moravia@moravia-consulting.com.
This will be available with the release of this product.